What's On at Metro Market
And the Winners are .......
The winners of our 12 days of Christmas competition are -
Andries du Preez
Congratulations, you have all won a $200 gift card.
Thank you to everyone who entered. The competition is now closed.
Merry Christmas everyone!
Cav's Butchery named 'Best Christmas Butcher on the Gold Coast'
We're celebrating at Metro Market!
Our very own Cav's Butchery has been named 'Best Christmas Butcher on the Gold Coast' after a call out by celebrity chef Matt Preston.
Gold Coast Bulletin readers were quick to crown Cav's Butchery the winner!
Congratulations Cav's Butchery, keep up the great work.
Win one of 12 $200 Metro Market Gift Cards!
Spend $20 or more at any participating specialty retailer or Drakes supermarket (or accumulate same day receipts totalling $20 or more) and receive your entry form.
Attach your receipt to your completed entry form and place it in the competition barrel, located outside Drakes supermarket.
We'll draw one winner daily from Sunday 13 December until Thursday 24 December and they will win a $200 Metro Market Gift Card! There are 12 $200 Gift Cards to be won.
See our website for terms and conditions.
Win 1 of 12 $200 Metro Market Gift Cards Competition - Terms and Conditions
1. Any person who lodges an Entry is deemed to have read, understood and accepted these Terms.
2. The Owner, Centre Manager, Retailers (any person who would generally be considered to be a retailer under the Retail Shop Leases Act 1994 (Qld)), and tenants of the Centre and their respective officeholders, employees, agents, contractors, and their immediate families are not eligible to enter the Promotion.
3.To be eligible to win the Prize, an individual must be at least 18 years of age at the time of entry into the Promotion .
4. During the Promotion Period, a person shall be entitled to make one Entry for each transaction of $20 or more spent on an Eligible Purchase (or accumulate same day receipts totalling $20 or more) at any specialty retailer or Drakes supermarket, at the Centre.
5. A purchase of an item on lay-by or a similar scheme will be deemed to be an Eligible Purchase only upon the completion of the lay-by, if the purchase otherwise would qualify as an Eligible Purchase. To remove any doubt, the final lay-by instalment payment must be made during the Promotion Period.
6. To enter the Promotion, a person must, during the Promotion Period: (a) properly complete an Entry; (b) attach (by staple) the original Tax Invoice verifying an Eligible Purchase to such Entry; and (c) deposit such completed Entry and the attached original Tax Invoice into the Entry Box. Whereby a Tax Invoice constitutes the following; company’s name, ABN, description of purchase, issue date, total price including GST if applicable, amount of GST or note GST included in price.
7. Subject to these Terms, an individual may enter the Promotion as many times they wish. If the Owner believes that an individual has unfairly contrived his or her purchases to artificially maximize the number of entries that he or she may otherwise be entitled to then the Owner may, at the Owner’s absolute discretion, declare that any number of single purchases constitutes one Eligible Purchase.
8. Neither the Owner nor any person representing the Owner (including the Centre Manager) will have any obligation to ensure that information on an Entry is complete, correct or accurate. The Owner may deem an Entry which is incomplete, indecipherable, illegible or erroneous or which does not have attached to it (by staple) an original Receipt verifying an Eligible Purchase to be invalid.
9. For the avoidance of doubt, an Entry completed with the name of more than one individual shall be invalid and will not be eligible for the Prize Draw.
10. So as there may be no doubt, it is the responsibility of each entrant to the Promotion to ensure that their Entry is complete,decipherable, legible and correct.
11. Subject to these Terms, on lodgement of a Valid Entry in accordance with the Terms, an entrant will be eligible for the Draw.
12. The winners will be drawn by way of random draw from Valid Entries by an official representative of the Owner from the Entry Box, which draw shall be effected at 10:00am on the Draw Date at a place within the Centre and in a manner designated by the Owner. Should Entry, not being a Valid Entry, be drawn, the representative of the Owner shall immediately effect a further random draw in accordance with the Terms until the winner of the Prize is determined. The results of the Draw will not be published in any newspaper or public notice.
13. The overall winners of the Promotion must claim their prize (preferably by prior appointment with the Owner) at the Centre.
14. The Owner will give the Prize to the winners of the Promotion within the time periods prescribed by the provisions of the Act and may require that the winners collect the Prize in person. Should the Prize be unclaimed, the Prize will be dealt with as directed by the Queensland Office of Gaming Regulation in accordance with the provisions of the Act.
15. Persons entering the Promotion are responsible for any taxation liability (including any GST) or other government charges arising from their participation in the Promotion or receipt of the Prize. The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. The value of the Prize is accurate as at the commencement of the Promotion Period and the Owner accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of a Prize after that date.
16. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Owner reserves the right (subject to all relevant State and Federal laws), to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and/or the Draw.
17. Subject to the provisions of the Act, the Owner’s decision in respect of all aspects of the Promotion (including but not limited to the conditions of the Draw or any redraw and/or as to whether or not any Entry is Valid Entry) is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into regarding same. The Owner reserves the right to refer any dispute relating to the Promotion to the Queensland Office of Gaming Regulation for resolution in accordance with the provisions of the Act.
18. The Owner will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death which is suffered (including but not limited to that arising by negligence (including that of the Owner)) in connection with the Promotion and/or any aspect of any Prize, except any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
20. By lodging an Entry, persons entering the Promotion consent to their personal information being entered onto a database, which may be made available to the Owner and Prize sponsors for marketing purposes relating to the promotion of the Centre and retailers located in the Centre. The winners of the Promotion agree to have their name and photograph used for advertising purposes and/or to take part in promotional activities. For the purposes of this document, the following words have the corresponding meanings: “Act” means the Charitable and Non-Profit Gaming Act 1999 (Qld); “Centre” means Metro Market Shopping Centre, located at 33 Hollywell Road, Biggera Waters, Qld; “Centre Manager” means First Asset Management; “Draw” means drawing of the prize winners on the official draw dates; “Draw Date” means 10am Sunday 13 December to 24 December 2020. “Eligible Purchase” means a purchase of Goods or Services at the Centre made during the Promotion Period; “Entry” means an official entry in the form issued by the Centre Manager; “Entry Box” means the official entry box or similar device located in the Centre; “Goods or Services” means any form of goods or services other than alcohol or tobacco products, gambling products (including Golden Casket, Gold Lotto and Powerball) payments for rates, gas, electricity, telephone accounts, vehicle registration, subscriptions to health funds and/or ambulance subscriptions; prescription medicines or deposits into banks, building societies or other financial institutions or payments on account of insurances and the like; “Owner” Argus (Metro) Pty Ltd AFT Metro Retail Opportunity Fund; “Promotion” means the promotion conducted by the Owner at the Centre during the Promotion Period in accordance with these Terms; “Promotion Period” means the period commencing 8.00am on Monday 30 November and ending 10:00am on the final Draw Date (Thursday 24 December), 2020. “Prize” means a $200 Metro Market Eftpos Gift Card. There are 12 x $200 Metro Market Eftpos Gift Cards to be won. The prize is at the winner’s risk from the time it is claimed; “Terms” means the terms and conditions set out in this document; “Valid Entry” means a decipherable and legible Entry which has: (a) been completed by the insertion of the entrant’s name and residential address; (b) been placed into the Entry Box during the Promotion Period; and (c) has attached to it (by staple) an original Tax Invoice verifying an Eligible Purchase.
Competition Time at Training Tailor Made
In support of the Gold Coast community during tricky times, Training Tailor Made at Metro Market is giving away a funded course valued up to $5,600 to one lucky winner.
Enter by liking Training Tailor Made's Facebook page and sharing their competition post before 30th November 2020 for your chance to win.
Don't forget to tune in to the radio at 11.30am on 102.9 Hot Tomato Friday 23rd October to hear more!
Justice of the Peace Services now available
Metro Market's Justice of the Peace services are available on Monday and Thursdays each week from 10am to 1pm.
The service will not be available on public holidays.
Please note -
The JP Service will be closing down on Monday 21 December 2020 (last day) and will reopen on Thursday 7 January 2021 (first day).
Belladonna Wax and Beauty Now Open
Belladonna Wax & Beauty is now open in Shop 17 at Metro Market.
The salon prides itself on its customers’ happiness and satisfaction in all areas. They offer a number of treatments and only use high quality professional products so you know you’re getting the best. At Belladonna each client is treated with the utmost care and every need is met in a professional, friendly, sincere manner.
For more information on their services click here.
Our Opening Hours
Tuesday to Saturday 9am - 5pm
(Please note, we are closed Monday and Sundays)
Meet our newest retailer - Brother's Kebab Zone!
Brother's Kebab Zone is now open at Metro Market.
Offering dine-in and takeaway, you'll find a great selection of kebabs, burgers, snack packs, and drinks on offer.
Uber Eats is also available.
Phone 07 5639 8231 to order or visit their Facebook page.
And the WINNER of our $150 Father's Day Gift Pack is .........
And the WINNER of our Father's Day Competition is Alicia Hall.
Congratulations Alicia, you have won a $150 Father's Day gift pack from Metro Market Shopping Centre.
Your prize includes a $50 Cav's Butchery voucher, $50 Dining Voucher (to spend at any of Metro Market’s food retailers) and a $50 Health and Beauty Voucher (to use at any of Metro Market’s health and beauty retailers).
Please contact us via Facebook to arrange collection of your prize.
Thank you to everyone who entered our Father's Day Competition. The competition is now closed.
Terms and Conditions - Win a $150 Father's Day Gift Pack!
Terms and Conditions of Entry (“Terms”)
1. Participation in the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Terms. All entry instructions and Prize information published by the Promoter form part of these Terms & Conditions.
2. This Promotion is via Facebook for Metro Market Shopping Centre, 33 Hollywell Road, Biggera Waters Q 4216 (‘Centre').
This Promotion is being undertaken by First Asset Management on behalf of Argus (Metro) Pty Ltd ATF Metro Retail Opportunity Fund. Telephone number [07 3391 9500](“Promoter”).
(a) The Promotion commences on Monday 31 August 7.30pm and closes Monday 7 September 2020 at 10am.
3. To enter the promotion, entrants must comment ‘My Dad's the best because ....’ on the Father’s Day Facebook post.
4. Any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party, or otherwise by proxy will be invalid.
5. Entrants must be aged 18 years or older as at the time of entry into the Promotion.
6. Only residents of Australia may enter.
7. There will be 1 prize and 1 winner of the prize. The Promoter will select 1 winner by random draw at 10am on Monday 7 September, 2020. The Prize winner will receive a $150 Father’s Day gift pack including a $50 Cav’s Butchery voucher, $50 voucher to use at any of Metro Market’s food or takeaway retailers and a $50 voucher to use at any of Metro Market’s health and beauty retailers.
8. The prize is to be collected from Centre Management office located at Metro Market Shopping Centre at a time to be confirmed with Centre Management (Phone 07 3391 9500), within four weeks of the Draw date.
9. If any Prize (or part of any Prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or part of the Prize) with another prize to the equal value and/or specification.
10. Prize is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
11. Winner will be selected at random.
12. The Prize will be drawn at First Asset Management, Suite 2/125 Wellington Road East Brisbane 4169 Queensland at 10am on Monday 7 September, 2020 (“Draw”).
13. Winner will be notified via the Metro Market Shopping Centre Facebook page within 2 working days of the Draw (“Winner”).
14. The Promoter and the Centre reserve the right to request winner provide suitable identification of proof of age, identity and/ or complete a Prize Collection Form prior to awarding a Prize.
15. Winner’s details will be published on the Metro Market Shopping Centre Facebook Page.
16. The Promoter and Metro Market Shopping Centre reserve the right to announce and/or publish the winner’s name and/or photograph for publicity purposes.
17. Any unclaimed prizes will be forfeited.
18. Entries that are illegible, incomplete or do not comply with these Terms are invalid.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to verify entries and claims for Prizes and reserves the right to disqualify an entrant where the entry process has been tampered with. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
20. The Promoter is not responsible if the value of the Prize changes between the date of publication of these Terms and the date the Prize is awarded.
21. Any cost associated with entering the competition or viewing the Centre Facebook page are the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the internet or mobile service provider used.
22. The Promoter may at its absolute discretion, suspend, cancel or recommence the Promotion if (a) for any reason the Promotion is not capable of proceeding as planned; (b) if the Promotion is corrupted or the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion is affected; or (c) if the determination of the winners or delivery of prizes is prevented or hindered by any event outside the Promoter’s control.
23. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for:
(a) any technical or electrical issues that may arise in connection with the Promotion (whether or not under the Promoter’s control), including with any third-party platform such as on Facebook.
(b) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of administering this Promotion;
(c) any entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
(d) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant. Individuals should obtain independent tax and financial advice; or
(e) taking of/participating in the Prize.
24. Any attempt to cause damage to any entry boxes or the information on any associated documents or posters with this promotion or to otherwise undermine the fair and legitimate operation of this promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. The promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law in the event that any such attempt is made, whether or not that attempt results in any such damage, interference or undermining.
25. Except for any liability not excluded by law, entrants release and indemnify the Promoter from and against all actions, claims and liabilities, that the entrant now has or in the future may have against the Promoter for any loss, damage or injury (including any special or consequential loss) suffered as a direct or indirect result of the entrant’s participation in the Promotion.
26. The Promoter’s decision in relation to this Promotion is final and binding on entrants and the Promoter will not enter into any correspondence.
29. Officers, employees and immediate families of officers and employees of First Asset Management on behalf of Argus (Metro) Pty Ltd and their related bodies corporate and contractors and any other organisations associated with this Promotion, including retailers at Metro Market Shopping Centre are ineligible to enter.
30. Under the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld), the Promoter must tell participants when it collects personal information about them and how it plans to use it. If a participant chooses to enter or take part in the Competition, the participant will be required to provide the Promoter with personal information such as the participant’s name and email address. The Promoter will collect participants’ personal information in order to (a) conduct the Competition; and (b) to send information and future promotional communications to the participant. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter. If the participant would prefer that the Promoter does not use the participant’s details in the way outlined in these Terms and Conditions the participant should contact the Promoter.
Gold Coast Show Public Holiday (Friday 14th August)
Metro Market's trading hours will be 7am to 8pm.
Some specialty retailers may trade outside of these hours. Please check with individual retailer for details.
Cav's Butchery is Now Open at Metro Market!
Metro Market is excited to welcome Cav's Butchery to the Centre.
Cav’s Butchery opened in 1998 in response to an increasing number of customer requests to purchase premium, restaurant quality steaks and other specialty products. Originally operating from a boutique butchery at the rear of the steakhouse in Labrador, by 2004 it had become so popular with local residents that new and larger premises were purpose-built on land purchased next door to the restaurant.
Nowadays, customers can take home just about anything appearing on Cav’s extensive menu, including a wide selection of pre-prepared salads and sauces to accompany the premium aged eye fillets, t-bones, veal cutlets and many other succulent cuts. This includes ordering through the online butchery. Cav’s steaks are sourced from a network of specialist suppliers throughout Australia and New Zealand, then carefully aged for up to twelve weeks, so they remain tender and packed with flavour when they are prepared and offered for sale.
Check out their Facebook page today.
And the Winner of our $100 Metro Market Gift Card is .....
Congratulations to Rachel Lockery who is the winner of our $100 Metro Market Gift Card.
Rachel's favourite meal is coconut prawns from Thai Biggera Waters.
Thank you to everyone who entered our Facebook competition.
The competition is now closed.
Come dine with us!
With the easing of more COVID - 19 restrictions, we are pleased to confirm that our cafes and restaurants are now able to cater for up to 20 dine-in customers.
That means you are able to sit and dine at Cafe 1 Uno, Quench Gold Coast, Sushi Maru, Thai Biggera Waters, Domino's Biggera Waters, Fish and Chips Taro, Priya's Indian Restaurant, Noodle Box, Burger'D Biggera Waters and Green Leaf Malay Biggera Waters.
Please note, however, that our retailers must still adhere to strict social distancing requirements, cleaning procedures and public health rules.
Trading hours for our cafes and restaurants may vary so we recommend you contact them direct to confirm opening times.
Your Favourite Retailers are now OPEN!
We are pleased to announce that due to the Queensland Government’s three-step plan to ease restrictions, the following changes will take place from this Saturday 16 May –
- You will be able to sit and dine at Cafe 1 Uno, Quench Gold Coast, Sushi Maru, Thai Biggera Waters, Domino's Biggera Waters, Fish and Chips Taro, Priya's Indian Restaurant, Noodle Box, Burger'D Biggera Waters and Green Leaf Malay Biggera Waters. Please note, however, that under Stage 1, cafes are allowed to seat up to 10 customers at any one time, whilst adhering to strict social distancing requirements, cleaning procedures and public health rules. Trading hours for our cafes and restaurants may vary so we recommend you contact them direct to confirm opening times.
- Our outdoor seating area remains closed until further restrictions ease.
- Body Applications Physiotherapy, Functional Health and Dynamic Health Group continue to stay open to see patients with an appointment.
- Biggera Waters Healthlink Massage is now able to provide remedial massage services. We recommend, however, that you make an appointment by phoning 55 290 264.
- Ballistik Hair Studio and Bob the Barber continue to trade as normal, whilst adhering to social distancing and health requirements.
- What Women Want Biggera is now open Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm, Saturday 9am to 5pm and Sunday 9am to 3pm.
- Drakes Supermarket is open everyday from 7am to 9pm.
When visiting Metro Market Shopping Centre you may notice some changes including –
- restrictions on the number of customers permitted in stores at any one time
- the importance of adhering to the 1.5 metre social distancing rule and 1 person per 4 square metre rule
We ask our customers to please respect hand and respiratory hygiene requirements including washing your hands regularly and covering your face when you sneeze or cough. And if you are unwell, please stay at home.
Thank you for your support of these important public health rules. We look forward to welcoming you back to Metro Market Shopping Centre.
And the WINNER of our Facebook Competition is.......
And the winner of our Facebook Competition is - Glennys Longstaff.
Congratulations Glennys, you have won a $50 Metro Market Gift Card to spend in the Centre.
Thank you to everyone who entered. The competition is now closed.
Labour Day (Monday 4 May) Trading Hours
Drakes Supermarket (Metro Market) - 7am to 8pm⠀
*Specialty retailers trading hours may vary from these core hours. Please check with individual retailers for details.⠀
Community Update - Coronavirus (COVID-19)
We would like to update you on the current situation in relation to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Shopping centres are currently excluded from the Government’s advice around organised public gatherings. As such, Metro Market Shopping Centre will continue to trade our normal trading hours. This will allow shoppers to continue accessing essential products and services.
Our focus continues to be on ensuring the Centre is a safe place to visit, shop and work – including through installation of hand sanitiser stations, additional cleaning of common areas and additional signage to raise awareness about proper hygiene habits. We are also working in close coordination with our tenants and request that customers act responsibly and be patient as our retailers work hard to maintain stock and product levels.
We thank you for your understanding and look forward to seeing you soon.
Justice of the Peace Service Suspension
Please note the Centre's Justice of the Peace Service will close at the end of business on Saturday 21 March 2020.
This suspension of JP services will remain in place until further notice is received from the Justice of the Peace Branch.
Congratulations to the 4 Winners of $500 Metro Market Gift Card Giveaway!
CONGRATULATIONS to Geoff Francis, Suzanne Bowden, Katie Forster and Fran Dewar who are all winners of our 'Ultimate Christmas Present' giveaway.
Geoff, Suzanne, Katie and Fran have each won a $500 Metro Market Gift Card to use in the Centre.
Thank you to everyone who entered our competition. The competition has now closed.
New Improved Customer Car Parking
In an effort to improve customer access to our car park we have now implemented a two hour parking limit to the car parks located at the front and side entrances to the Centre.
The two hour parking limit will free up car spaces for those shoppers needing quick and easy access to the Centre.
The undercover car park, accessible from Burrows Street, has unlimited car parking spaces on levels 1 through to 3 and is available to shoppers needing extended time in the Centre.