What's On at Metro Market
Old Boy's Butchery now open at Metro Market
NOW TRADING 7 DAYS A WEEK -
Monday to Friday 7am to 6pm
Saturday 7am to 3pm
Sunday 8am to 1pm
Come in and meet your new friendly butcher and take advantage of some great in-store specials.
Old Boy's Butchery supply all your favourites including Bangalow Pork plus premium, gourmet, organic meats and poultry.
Click here to check out their new website.
New Improved Customer Car Parking
In an effort to improve customer access to our car park we have now implemented a two hour parking limit to the car parks located at the front and side entrances to the Centre.
The two hour parking limit will free up car spaces for those shoppers needing quick and easy access to the Centre.
The undercover car park, accessible from Burrows Street, has unlimited car parking spaces on levels 1 through to 3 and is available to shoppers needing extended time in the Centre.
Dynamic Health Group welcomes new Chiropractor to the practice
Dynamic Health Group would like to welcome and introduce our new Chiropractor, Dr Lachlan Brinkley.
To celebrate, for the month of April, when seeing Dr Brinkley you pay what you want!
Call 5537 4406 or book online now at www.dynamichealthgroup.com
And the winners of our Christmas competition are .......
Congratulations to all the winners of our 'Win Christmas Cash' competition -
4th Dec Debby Fourie
5th Dec Lily Foster
6th Dec Michelle Torrance
7th Dec Lynn Watson
8th Dec Emma Saunders
9th Dec Lynda Kirby
10th Dec Leanne Hunt
11th Dec Penny Williams
12th Dec Sheryl Jones
13th Dec Amanda Cunington
14th Dec Debbie Lemont
15th Dec Elaine Kennett
16th Dec Nataliya Ledousryrve
17th Dec Yvonne Self
18th Dec Maree Dean
19th Dec Jeanette Walker
20th Dec Samantha Heyworth
21st Dec Julie Brightfield
22nd Dec Wayne Morrison
23rd Dec Helen Jasmine Richardson
24th Dec Stephanie Brierley
Thank you to everyone who entered. We wish you all a very Merry Christmas.
Terms and Conditions - Win Christmas Cash Every Day Competition
1. Any person who lodges an Entry is deemed to have read, understood and accepted these Terms.
2. The Owner, Centre Manager, Retailers (any person who would be generally considered to be a retailer under the Retail Shop Leases Act 1994 (Qld)), and tenants of the Centre and their respective officeholders, employees, agents, contractors, and their immediate families are not eligible to enter the Promotion.
3. To be eligible to win the Prize, an individual must be at least 18 years of age at the time of entry into the Promotion .
4. During the Promotion Period, a person shall be entitled to make one Entry for each transaction of $20 or more spent on an Eligible Purchase (or accumulated same day receipts totalling $20) at the Centre.
5. A purchase of an item on lay-by or a similar scheme will be deemed to be an Eligible Purchase only upon the completion of the lay-by, if the purchase otherwise would qualify as an Eligible Purchase. To remove any doubt, the final lay-by instalment payment must be made during the Promotion Period.
6. To enter the Promotion, a person must, during the Promotion Period: (a) properly complete an Entry; (b) attach (by staple) the original Receipt verifying an Eligible Purchase to such Entry; and (c) deposit such completed Entry and the attached original Receipt into the Entry Box.
7. Subject to these Terms, an individual may enter the Promotion as many times they wish. If the Owner believes that an individual has unfairly contrived his or her purchases to artificially maximize the number of entries that he or she may otherwise be entitled to then the Owner may, at the Owner’s absolute discretion, declare that any number of single purchases constitutes one Eligible Purchase.
8. Neither the Owner nor any person representing the Owner (including the Centre Manager) will have any obligation to ensure that information on an Entry is complete, correct or accurate. The Owner may deem an Entry which is incomplete, indecipherable, illegible or erroneous or which does not have attached to it (by staple) an original Receipt verifying an Eligible Purchase to be invalid.
9. For the avoidance of doubt, an Entry completed with the name of more than one individual shall be invalid and will not be eligible for the Prize Draw.
10. So as there may be no doubt, it is the responsibility of each entrant to the Promotion to ensure that their Entry is complete, decipherable, legible, correct.
11. Subject to these Terms, on lodgement of a Valid Entry in accordance with the Terms, an entrant will be eligible for the Draw.
12. The winner will be drawn by way of random draw from Valid Entries by an official representative of the Owner from the Entry Box, which draw shall be effected at 10.00am on the Draw Dates at a place within the Centre and in a manner designated by the Owner. Should Entry, not being a Valid Entry, be drawn from the Entry Box, such Entry shall be ignored and the official representative of the Owner shall immediately effect a further random draw on in accordance with the Terms until the winner of the Prize is determined. The results of the Draw will not be published in any newspaper or public notice.
13. The overall winner of the Promotion must claim their Prize (preferably by prior appointment with the Owner) at the Centre. The Owner is not required to give the Prize to a person claiming same if the Owner reasonably believes that the person claiming the Prize is not the winner of the Promotion. Before giving the Prize to the winners of the Promotion, the Owner may ask the person claiming the Prize to again provide proof of the person’s identity and age.
14. The Owner will give the Prize to the winner of the Promotion within the time periods prescribed by the provisions of the Act and may require that the winner collect the Prize in person. Should the Prize be unclaimed, the Prize will be dealt with as directed by the Queensland Office of Gaming Regulation in accordance with the provisions of the Act.
15. Persons entering the Promotion are responsible for any taxation liability (including any GST) or other government charges arising from their participation in the Promotion or receipt of the Prize. The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. The value of the Prize is accurate as at the commencement of the Promotion Period and the Owner accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of a Prize after that date.
16. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Owner reserves the right (subject to all relevant State and Federal laws), to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and/or the Draw.
17. Subject to the provisions of the Act, the Owner’s decision in respect of all aspects of the Promotion (including but not limited to the conditions of the Draw or any redraw and/or as to whether or not any Entry is a Valid Entry) is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into regarding same. The Owner reserves the right to refer any dispute relating to the Promotion to the Queensland Office of Gaming Regulation for resolution in accordance with the provisions of the Act.
18. The Owner will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death which is suffered (including but not limited to that arising by negligence (including that of the Owner)) in connection with the Promotion and/or any aspect of any Prize, except any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
20. By lodging an Entry, persons entering the Promotion consent to their personal information being entered onto a database, which may be made available to the Owner and Prize sponsors for marketing purposes relating to the promotion of the Centre and retailers located in the Centre. The winners of the Promotion agree to have their name and photograph used for advertising purposes and/or to take part in promotional activities. For the purposes of this document, the following words have the corresponding meanings: “Act” means the Charitable and Non-Profit Gaming Act 1999 (Qld); “Centre” means Metro Market Shopping Centre, located at 33 Hollywell Road, Biggera Waters, Qld; “Centre Manager” means First Asset Management; “Draw” means drawing of the prize winner on the official draw dates; “Draw Date” means 10am everyday from 4 December until Monday 24 December 2018. “Eligible Purchase” means a purchase of Goods or Services at the Centre made during the Promotion Period; “Entry” means an official entry in the form issued by the Centre Manager; “Entry Box” means the official entry box or similar device located in the Centre; “Goods or Services” means any form of goods or services other than alcohol or tobacco products, gambling products (including Golden Casket, Gold Lotto and Powerball) payments for rates, gas, electricity, telephone accounts, vehicle registration, subscriptions to health funds and/or ambulance subscriptions; prescription medicines or deposits into banks, building societies or other financial institutions or payments on account of insurances and the like; “Owner” Argus (Metro) Pty Ltd ATF Metro Retail Opportunity Fund “Promotion” means the promotion conducted by the Owner at the Centre during the Promotion Period in accordance with these Terms; “Promotion Period” means the period commencing 8.00am on Monday 3 December and ending 10am on the final Draw Date (Monday 24 December), 2018. “Prize” means a $100 Metro Market Eftpos Gift Card. There are 21 $100 Metro Market Gift Cards to be won. The prize is at the winner’s risk from the time it is claimed; “Terms” means the terms and conditions set out in this document; “Valid Entry” means a decipherable and legible Entry which has: (a) been completed by the insertion of the entrant’s name and residential address; (b) been signed by the entrant; (c) been placed into the Entry Box during the Promotion Period; and (d) has attached to it (by staple) an original Receipt verifying an Eligible Purchase.
Meet Santa at Metro Market
Bring the kids along to meet Santa at Metro Market from Monday 17 to Monday 24 December.
You'll find him located outside Drakes supermarket between 10am and 2pm on these days.
Enjoy free Christmas chocolates for the kids and take a selfie with Santa!
It's in the bag Queensland
Did you know that Queenslanders use close to one billion plastic shopping bags every year, and millions of these end up in our environment?
That’s why, from July 1st, it’s illegal for any retailer to supply single-use lightweight plastic shopping bags in Queensland.
The new laws ban all lightweight shopping bags less than 35 microns thick, including compostable, degradable and biodegradable bags. It does not include barrier bags like those used for fresh produce, nor does it apply to heavyweight reusable plastic bags.
The laws apply to all stores and retailers - including takeaway food, pharmacies, even markets.
So remember your reusable bags or purchase one today.
It’s a small change in our routine for big impact on keeping Queensland beautiful.
Learn more about the QLD bag ban: www.qldbagban.com.au
Thank you to our JPs!
Thank you to the wonderful men and women who provide the JPs in the Community Service at Metro Market Shopping Centre!
Our Justice of the Peace Service is available on Monday and Thursdays, 10am to 1pm.
And the WINNERS of our Mother's Day Competition are ..............
Jarad C Farrow
You have each won a $100 Metro Market Gift Card.
To collect your gift card please contact Centre Management on 55 944 101 (Monday to Friday 9am to pm).
Thank you to everyone who entered our Mother's Day competition. The competition is now closed.
We wish all mums a very Happy Mother's Day this Sunday.Download terms-and-conditions-of-entry-mothers-day-facebook-competition.pdf
And the Winner is .......
And the winner of our Australia Day Facebook competition is Belinda Behrms!
Congratulations Belinda, you have won a $100 Drakes Gift Card.
Please contact Centre Management on 5594 4101 to arrange collection of your Prize.
Thank you to everyone who entered our Australia Day competition. The competition is now closed.
Dr Montgomery's Top 5 Most Recommended Foods For Health
As a complementary health care practitioner, I often get asked what kinds of foods a person can eat to improve their health, help with their pain, inflammation, digestion, immune system, etc.
In this article, we will discuss whole foods rather than supplements derived from them. In all instances, I recommend getting as close to the following ideal sourcing as possible. All of the reasons are based on quality, and on environmental impact. Those ideals for sourcing are:
• Fully ripened
• Locally sourced (when possible)
• In its natural season
• Grass fed rather than grain fed for land animals
Sometimes, in order to get these foods when we need them, we might have to sacrifice those ideal circumstances.
Here are my 5 most common recommendations.
Garlic – This is a well-known, commonly available anti-microbial / immunity enhancing food. It is also believed to have benefits helping with blood pressure, helping with parasites, and fending off vampires and people.
Turmeric – Well renowned as a potent anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant. It works best when used in combination with black pepper, some form of fat, heat (temperature not spice). Close cousins of turmeric are ginger and galangal.
Honey – helps to boost the immune system and so much more. Studies suggest that raw unprocessed honey from your local area may help with seasonal allergies because of the small amount of pollen present in the honey. Manuka honey has a reputation of being the most potent honey for immune function, however, a recent study shows that Jarrah honey (from Western Australia) has even more beneficial properties. It is also used in the making of mead (enough mead given to the bride and groom to last a month is where the term honeymoon is supposed to have originated).
Wild caught cold water fish – Cold water fish such as salmon, sardines, mackerel, trout, and tuna are great sources of omega-3 fatty acids. They are also important for cell membrane formation and integrity as well as the production of anti-inflammatory prostaglandins. Studies suggest that increasing your intake of DHA and other omega-3s may protect brain health in newborns, improve cognitive performance in adults, and prevent or ameliorate age-related cognitive decline.
Fermented foods – such as sauerkraut, kombucha, kefir, kimchi. Fermented foods were thought to be one of the ways northern peoples were able to get through long winters due to their high nutrient profile and long shelf-life. They provide excellent sources of probiotics through a process of lacto-fermentation in which natural bacteria feed on the sugar and starch in the food creating lactic acid. This process preserves the food, and creates beneficial enzymes, b-vitamins, Omega-3 fatty acids.
These foods also help to maintain normal gut flora which in turn boosts our immune capability and mood. The uses and foods listed are by no means exhaustive. As with anything, food can be overused, and while it would be quite difficult to overdo the above, it is still possible. A little common sense goes a long way.
I wish you good eating. "Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food" - Hippocrates
Not Sleeping Well?
A modern day epidemic can be found in sleep disorders, disruption, and deprivation. The follow-on effects can be devastating. Consequences can include high blood pressure, heart failure, obesity, stroke, depression and other mood disorders, mental impairment, foetal and childhood growth retardation, increased incidence of accident and injury, partner disturbance, relationship stress, driving impairment, athletic performance degradation, hormone disruption, digestive disorders and so much more.
Factors that can affect sleep patterns and quality range far and wide. Did you know that people have a chronotype? PhD Michael Breus describes how your sleeping pattern affects activities of everyday life with optimal and disadvantageous times for different activities like working out, eating, asking for a raise and more.
You can get some insight into your patterns at thepowerofwhenquiz.com. Sleep expert, Nick Littlehales discusses things like the quality of your bedding and mattress. Sleep architecture plays a role in his coaching as well. A complete sleep cycle lasts about 90 minutes. His goal is 35 sleep cycles per week, with a minimum of 30, ideally distributed equally each day. Health, performance, learning and business personalities like Ben Greenfield, Shawn Stevenson, Tim Ferriss, Kirk Parsley and Jonathon Levi are huge advocates of quality sleep and have multiple resources and strategies that they employ and recommend.
DR MONTGOMERY'S TOP 5 TIPS FOR A GREAT SLEEP
1. Total darkness. The darker your sleep environment (including clocks, phone lights, tv lights, etc...), the better.
2. Exercise daily (not within 3 hours of bed)
3. Avoid (or time) stimulants and depressants. Stimulants such as caffeine affect people differently. Some people are slow caffeine metabolisers and others are faster, so it is best to avoid after 12 noon unless you know which you are. Alcohol disrupts quality sleep even though it might make you fall asleep faster.
4. No media for 1 or more hours before bed. This includes but is not limited to phones, computers, tablets, tv's... If you can, use some sort of blue light blocking device (glasses, screen covers) or software programs to reduce the impact of the blue light on sleep patterning.
5. Stay cool at night. 20 degrees Celsius (68 deg F) is considered optimal.
Bonus tip: See your Chiropractor on a regular basis to keep your spine aligned and your nervous system firing optimally. Even low-level discomfort can mess up your sleep. There are many more tips and strategies, and more profound sleep disturbances may require more effort than these 5, but give them a try to see if they make a difference for you.
33 Hollywell Road
P: 07 5537 4406
Metro Health Centre welcomes new doctor
The Medical Centre at Metro Market has a 2nd full time doctor working with Dr Savithry Unnikrishnan.
Dr Seham Ayad is an experienced female GP with special interests in skin and minor surgeries.
Please book in for your skin check and appropriate care before summer starts.
New patients welcome
Priya's Indian Restaurant NOW OPEN
Authentic Indian OPEN 7 Days
Take Away Menu
Hyderabadi Dum Biryani & South Indian Dishes Available
Fully licenced & BYO (Wine Only)
Lunch 11.30am to 2.30pm
Dinner 5.00pm to 10.00pm
Phone 5500 6995
Burger'd NOW OPEN
TASTE THE BURGER'D DIFFERENCE
AUTHENTIC HANDCRAFTED BURGERS - NOW OPEN AT Metro Market
Burger'd is about delicious food served fresh. It aims to turn the traditional takeaway burger on its head providing tasty gourmet burgers and hot dogs with a twist of flavoursome sauces to choose from. Burger'd is all about people. Real people creating authentic house-made burgers. No fuss, just fresh ingredients consistently delivered every time you enter our store. We don't pretend to be rabbit food. When you're feeling devilish and have a hankering for a real burger packed with fresh ingredients and oozing saucy goodness, eat responsibly and get Burger'd!
For more information visit their website - www.burgerd.com.au
Metro Health Centre Now Open
Metro Health Centre is now open at Shop 5, Metro Market. You'll find them located near Hollywell Road Market.
Metro Health Centre
Suite 5, Metro Market 33 Hollywell Road, Biggera Waters, Q 4216
Medical and Allied Health Practice
Principal Doctor: Dr Savithry Unnikrishnan
Phone: (07) 5679 3608
Fax: (07) 56096068
Meet the WINNER of our $4,000 Family Camping Package
Congratulations to Natasha Atkinson who is the winner of our $4,000 Family Camping Package.
We hope you enjoy your prize Natasha.
Thank you to everyone who entered our competition. The competition has now closed.
Photo - Natasha Atkinson (Winner) with Kathy Bown (Centre Manager, Metro Market Shopping Centre)
Training Tailor Made Certificate III and Diploma Courses
For more information on Training Tailor Made's Certificate III Courses click here.
Training Tailor Made also offers Diploma courses. For more information click here.
For more information on the courses run by Training Tailor Made phone 07 5537 4239 or visit their website (www.trainingtailormade.com.au) or email email@example.com